“Big Data Analytics in Green Supply Chain and Social Media Influences” is a special issue of Future Internet (ISSN 1999-5903). This special issue belongs to the section “Big Data and Augmented Intelligence”.
With the development of computing and sensing technologies, such as the internet of things, mobile device technologies, and industrial applications of social media, new media communication platforms have changed over the past decade and will continue to evolve. At the same time, they have become more and more complicated. Organisations are now facing significant challenges in sustaining their businesses and supply chains because they need to evaluate a large amount of data in different forms and much faster than before. In addition, the use of digital information and big data analytics has also been identified as a key strategy to achieve competitive advantages through new media and social media platforms, such as using data, process and analytical modelling, and managing the green and sustainable supply chain to turn big data into meaningful insights.
Submissions may include but are not restricted to the following topics:
- Big data analytics and/or its impacts on new media and consumer behavior;
- Data analytics in social media and online word of mouth and communication;
- Online and media community and big data influence;
- Green supply chain management in computing and sensing technologies;
- The influence of cloud computing and big data analytics in supply chains;
- Development of decision support systems and big data analytics;
- Real-world applications of big data analytics and impacts;
- Business analytics and optimization.
Special Issue Editors
- Dr. Swee Kuik
- Dr. Xiaolie Qi
- Dr. Fabrizio Marozzo